Movie Review - Red 2

10:26 AM

Exams are 2 weeks from now and this movie came just at the right time 
to just take a short break away from those notes and relax~ 
Big thanks to Omy for the invitation to the movie preview of this super amazing action packed film!


If you've seen my twitter and instagram, you'll probably have guessed it!
The film was none other than Red 2.
The movie will start screening on the 1st of August 
starring Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Lee Byung Hun, Cathering Zeta-Jones, Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren
Personally, I didn't watch the movie Red but I heard from my friends that it was really good 
and that got me  reallyyyyyyy excited
I'm a huge sucker for action films and in addition to that, Lee Byung Hun acted in it! 
-homaigawtilovethissexybeast!-
*fangirlmodeon*

Plot:

The movie is a sequel to the worldwide sleeper hit, retired CIA agent reuniting with his unlikely team of elite operative to track down a missing portable nuclear device.
Outgunned and outnumbered, they could only succeed by making use of their cunning wits, old-school skills and each other to survive all odds against many relentless assassins, ruthless terrorists and power-crazed government officials who desires to lay their hands on the next-generation weapon. 
Sounds interesting doesn't it? Well, it get's better!
Take a look at the trailer:
Excited already aren't ya?!

Opinion:

I really love movies that are a mix of both action and comedy and both Alicia (the friend I brought along) and I have to say Red 2 has a super amazing mix of both. 
The movie started off like a grenade, super fast, with loads of action!
The kind that'll get you sitting up straight in your seat, all prep up for it.
I think one of the best description I can give would be:
-EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED-
Like said in the movie several times "Well, I didn't see that coming"
Which is the main reason why I love the movie so much, I never knew what was going to happen next and the movie really surprised me time and again throughout.

Other reasons why I love the movie was :
1. the amount of comedy
I find myself laughing quite a lot whether it be due to unexpected scenes, facial expressions and reactions of the actors/actresses. 

2. the appearance of Lee Byung Hun!. 
You have no idea and don't want to know how much I was fan-girling in the theatre going "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!~~~" and etc.
I shall spare you the agony of my spazzing so yea lets move on ^^
(fans, do watch this show! really!)

3. and of course the action!
What's an action movie without the action right?
Expect tons of shooting, loads of fighting, explosions, etc. 
Well, pictures speak a thousand words so here's one of favourite scene in the entire movie.


After all that said, you probably can tell how much I love this movie and I've got to say that I wouldn't even mind watching this AGAIN! No lie.
In my opinion, I'll tell you it's definitely worth a watch and I'm sure Alicia and others who watched would say the same thing too.
So yupps, do try to catch the show once it's up on screens.
I doubt you'll regret it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments