BAOC 2013

1:49 PM

The many weeks of preps and 3 days of BAOC just came to an end so quickly.
and like what Wayne said during our few hours long debrief, let's blame time.
(I'm sorry if this post gets lengthy and very wordy)

Honestly I felt a bit of regret at the start (just the start) when byzantines was then known as mocking j.
Reason being I knew almost no one and didn't really have close friends in this group.
Since I'm not really a people person, I was quite sure I would take a long time if I wanted to fit in. 
Even after our chalet, I was still in doubt if I made the right decision to stay since I only joined because of Charmaine, but now I can confidently say that I have no regrets and I'm thankful that I stayed.

This might not be the full strength of all of us but to all of you + those who aren't in the photo.
Especially those usually at bench (;
Thank you soo much for making this journey of mine so damn awesome. 
I felt really welcomed, comfortable and happy just being with you guys even though if it meant travelling down to school every day during this holiday. 
The performance team and those of us at bench never failed to make me laugh every single day with everything and anything.
Our skit is just plain hilarious no matter how many times I watch it I still end up laughing.
I still remembered how we just sat there for hours laughing hard at the medley of screaming goat songs when we were choosing our songs for the skit.
I've seriously never felt this happy in a long time and I really want to thank you all for that.
I'm gonna miss sitting at the bench with you guys, going on about top 3 and all our little gossips.
All our dinners together taking up an entire section of the place, making so damn much noise.
Our after dinner trolley games at ntuc, and the forfeits afterwards.
(I just realised darryl and clement have not done their forfeit)
You guys burning calaunan's leg hair with a sizzle and causing the room to stink!
Doing our skit in hokkien version.
Our mrt game on the last day of preps making everyone's thigh so red.
Doing the ben cheer! Hahaha, it's just too funny I can't even..
Oh and on day 0, when we all met up for dinner.
I really want to thank you all for celebrating my birthday and the gifts and card you all prepared.
I really love it soo much and thank you for making my birthday such a memorable one.
Thank you for being my family and making me feel accepted as part of you.
Other groups might be louder, their cheers might sound nicer but whatever, it is not even comparable to how closely knitted we are as one.
I really love you guys to pluto (or whatever thing in the universe that is further than this) and back.
in short, I JUST DAMN LOVE YOU GUYS LAH. 


Fu Yi, 
I just wanna thank you for making me feel so comfortable being in and with byzantines.
It would have been a lot different if it weren't for you.
You were the first few I got to know and the one who added me into the whatsapp chat (right?)
If it weren't for you I guess I'll probably not have gotten close with all the others.
So I'm extremely thankful to you emoji boy. 

 Keith, my dance partner!
Thank you for coming up with such an awesome dance for our mass dance.
I swear, dancing and teaching the dance when you were away in Thailand just didn't feel the same
I suck at teaching, honestly. I almost died when I end up having to teach cause I just don't know how.
You always give more than a 100% when you teach.
I'm probably a burden and you'll have to keep pushing me to press on when teaching the freshies (sorry no offence to the freshies but you have to understand teaching the dance again and again and again ain't easy.)
People left after the first day and more joined on the second, almost 70 people to teach at one go.
It was quite bad (sorry again freshies) because of certain reason but no matter how stress and pekchek we got you still gave your all and maintained such a good temper in front of them when I had such a black face on which probably cause quite a few of them to hate me now.
It would have been impossible without you, really, so thank you.

Diantian!
I seriously have to thank you x 100 for opening up your house for us to stay over.
I would really have died from lack of sleep if it weren't for you.
Thank you for being such a good host to us even though we can be quite noisy at night with all our complains and stuff as well as eating in your room. 
You were unwell but you had to stay up to help us open the door late at night and early in the morning.
We probably caused a mess with our stuffs since we were always rushing, our bags were just thrown in the room, our blankets were just left there and all.
Please help me thank your parents and Dianrong as well. 
p/s: the soup is damn awesome, seriously! feel like having a bowl now :'D

(omg where am i even looking but you look nice so bobian)
Charmaine Tang! 
I'm sooo proud of you, you've managed to pull through!!
I'm sorry for not being able to help much especially when you're stress.
I get easily carried away from the important stuff and we'll all end up having fun and all.
Thank you for being the bad guy (it must have sucked bad for you, I kind of know how it feels now and it really made me realise how tough it was on you, so for that I really apologize)
You were really great I swear!
and most importantly thank you for giving me a chance to lead. 
Thank you for believing in me even when I doubt myself.
I love you soooo damn much my dear girl.
even though I constantly disturb you with my cheeky faces which you would immediately know what I mean.
*coughs**ahems**coughs**face* 
you're probably thinking "teng, can you not" right now if you read this. hahaha

Patrick!
Through the 3 days of BAOC, you're really one of the person who I have to thank the most!
Thank you for just looking out for me making sure I'm fine and all and giving me moral support all the way.
All the 加油 and what not when I was on the verge of just banging the table and walking off or something along that line. 
I don't know how to put it in words so really just thank you *hugs*

Daryl!
You're like some superman that will come to our rescue or something whenever we are lost at what to do now, what to do next, where to go, etc. 
The old but not that old and wise, hahah!
So yeah, really thank you for that.
And sshhh bout the crying thing already ><
Of course not forgetting all my dearest of BB11.
Thank you for just giving it your all through the 3 days ah. I know this photo is not the full strength but I edit until nice nice so we just use this can, hehs.
I really thank you all for giving me such an enjoyable baoc.
I never expected myself to even cry for a camp like this cause I didn't even cry that bit for most of my camps other than iDare, iDare is different, it just is.
This baoc was just a 180 degree difference from my last, true story and you guys are the reason behind it.
Thank you all for giving us all your energy, enthusiasm, voice, laughter, aiya everything!
Thank you all for listening to my non-stop crap. Seriously, I don't understand how your can do it uh.
I mean who in the right mind would ask you "Do I look like a peacock?" whether or not your meet for the first time or have known each other for quite long.
So yeah, and my bhb-ness for saying that I'm the reason for things and all my nonsense lah basically.
Last but not least, thank you for the surprise you gave us at the end of everything, now your make me feel so guilty for not being able to get your cards done by the last day of camp. 
I can't believe I broke down in front of you guys, I was still telling jing wen that I confirm won't cry one.
I take that back now. hahaha.
Seriously you guys are the sweetest, I can get diabetes already.
Thank you for the birthday wishes, the super sweet cards your did in the toilet that made me cry for the second time yesterday (omg you all lie to me, tell me say won't cry one), the strepsils and everything.
You guys definitely made all that I've done for you all worth it.
(your heng your never waste my sweet and 100plus, hahaha, okay I kid)
Please meet up soon guys.
And cheers to our new friendship. Come let's go out for food and shopping. I confirm damn steady one. 
Now all friends friends, no SC freshie barrier.

 Just because taking photo with the mascot is never considered bias.
Haha so a photo with the male mascot.
He doesn't want to ruin his mascot/pretty boy image so he refuses to take a photo with that sad face emoji looking face we always do. 

Anyway I just wanna say thank you to all who made baoc possible. 
Thank you all the bench main comm, #teamshort, #teamhobo, etc. 
Thank you as well to all the freshies who didn't see me as some fierce black face bitch during the dance.
Thank you to that few of you although I'm not your subgroup sc but still~
All in all, I love you guys damn damn much lah! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments